Thursday, February 10, 2011

Flyer: Temple of Love

I had to design a quick flyer for an event that I'm playing at on Valentine's day. The event is called temple of love; a quick 15-minute job. The event starts at 6:30 at Pebbles, in Bangalore, my slot's slated from 6:30 to 8:30 behind the deck. 8:30 they're screening Meera Nair's Kamasutra, and then marina plays from about 10 or 10:30 upto 11:30. The theme is gods and goddesses, and people dressed up win free goodies. The venue also serves as the launching pad for the fuck you shoes. I really like the way the background image turned out, (I wanted to go manga-goddess meets khajurao temple meets heavenly collision) even though I hate the type treatment. Well, this was one REALLY quick flyer; and super short notice! But nonetheless; I had fun attacking my watercolors after long!


Process Sketches:









In case one's wondering what I'm playing, I occasionally DJ, and this is going to be my first gig where I stick to minimal, techno,  deep and funky house music! (Strictly no commercial!) Here's a sneak preview of the kind of music I'll be playing. If you're in Bangalore, do drop by Pebbles!





DIN by Mahima Pushkarna

No comments:

Post a Comment