Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Exhibition: Grad X, my graduation exhibition stall

As of yesterday, Monday, 24th January 2011, I am officially a design graduate from Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology. Every year we have an exhibition that showcases the graduating student's work; this year's exhibition was called Grad Show 'X', celebrating the 10th batch of designers graduating from Srishti. My own space at the exhibition showcased work I had done for Kalpaneya Yatra 2010, split into 5 different sections:
1. The Puranic Timeline Independent Exhibit ; a graphic visualization of metric scales of time stated in hindu puranas, consisting of time at a sub-atomic level, to the lifespan of a universe.
2. The Indian History Section: panels designed to showcase the history of astronomy, astrophysics and astrology in an Indian context.
3. The Branding and Identity Course that I conducted in college, a result of which was the identity for KY2010.
4. Front Facade: Low budget options to create a front facade for a temporary structure that would serve as the entrance to KY2010.
5. The Sound of Flares: an ambient audio-based infographic interpreting 2 days of solar activity in two minutes.

Images from the exhibitions ( I also got to playing around with my father's fish eye lens!);

My mum reading my puranic timeline visualization documentation

The IIA photoshoot on display

Front Facade Illustrations on display

Walk-in Audience

The stall- themed like an art-store that communicates science!

The sound piece and found footage video to go with the sound piece












2 comments:

  1. That was really nice of you to cover another student's project up without permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaa! I searched for you to see if you wanted me to leave the back of pia's extra panel out on display, but they put up another one with footprints on it! The footprints had to go! Hahaahaha!

    ReplyDelete